EHS Preaching Award Submission Deadline, April 30
The submission deadline for entries in the Haddon W. Robinson Preaching Award competition is April 30, 2017. The first place award winner receives $500in cash plus coverage of registration fees and meals to attend the annual EHS conference. Cash awards of $400 and $300 are awarded respectively to second and third place winners.
“The future of our culture may depend on the stories that capture the imagination and mind of this generation and its children,” Robinson once wrote.
Robinson, author of Biblical Preaching, is recognized as one of the leading evangelical homiliticians of the later 20th and early 21st centuries, promotion material states, with a teaching career that spanned decades with positions at three different seminaries.
The genre for this year’s sermon submission is “New Testament Epistles.”
Scholarship details are as follows:
- The scholarship is open to all Associate Members of EHS.
- Sermons are to be 15-20 minutes in length.
- Sermons should focus on the theme and/or Bible text announced for the Haddon W. Robinson Preaching Award.
- The target listeners are members of a local evangelical church.
- The sermons are to be videotaped, posted to the student’s YouTube channel, and the YouTube link provided to RobinsonSermons@ehomiletics.com by the stated deadline.
- A task force of EHS members will view the submission, evaluate it on the basis of adherence to basic principles of biblical preaching (as discussed in Robinson’s Biblical Preaching) and the EHS confessional statement, and determine first, second and third place prize winners.
- The Board will notify the students of the decisions at least 90 days prior to the EHS annual conference.
- Recipients will be recognized at the annual EHS conference; the first place recipient may be an option of presenting the message during the EHS (e.g. on eof the periods in which academic papers are presented) and a possible link to the message included on the EHS website.
For more information, visit http://ehomiletics.com/competitions/robinson-award/